We are so excited to see you all on Monday!
We are finally FLINGING open the doors and inviting you all to walk through our creative halls once again! To do this and do it safely, we’ll have to work together as a team; artists, staff, and visitors alike. So here’s the plan:
Our Hours Will Be:
Sunday CLOSED to public
- Masks are required to enter. If you can’t wear one, we’re happy to shop remotely for you and bring things to our curb or right to your doorstep.
- We ask that everyone, even though you are wearing masks, maintain social distancing (6 feet) to prevent accidental spread of those gross germs.
- No eating and drinking in the studio, so that you don’t need to take your mask off.
- Disposable single-use cups only at our water cooler (we’ll have signage there to remind you and plenty of paper cups to help you fill your water bottles)
- We have hand sanitizer, soap, and gloves for you if you want to pick up and feel our art. Feel to bring your own though! We won’t be offended and it helps us keep costs down. We just ask that the gloves be fresh for our store so nothing is being brought in from other places.
- We are cleaning all commonly touched surfaces and restrooms every two hours with disinfectants. We will have one of the back restrooms locked for artist use only so that we can help minimize staff cleaning load as well. It’s not ideal, but it will help us keep them sane and that’s important to us.
- Anyone with a fever or who may have been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 is asked to not come in and to self-isolate for a minimum of two weeks. This includes our artists and our staff, who will be paid for any time off (in fact we have never stopped paying them thanks to all the support we’ve had).
- We will have a plexiglas sneeze guard shield around the counter so we can protect each other from close contact.
- We will be accepting credit card and debit cards only on our completely touchless point of sale system. We can print or email you a receipt as needed from our side of the counter, so we can minimize you touching stuff other people have touched, because GERMS y’all.
- Use of the pottery room by non-resident artists is still not allowed, BUT we are exploring the exciting world of classes in our courtyard. Stay tuned!
- We are relaxing our rules about taking clay home to work on it. Before, if you wanted clay to be fired in our kilns, we wanted you to work on it in our studio so we could be sure it hadn’t come in contact with anything that could make it explode. BUT NOW if you buy clay that includes firing with us, AND follow our (basic) rules, we will fire it for you. Help us keep allowing this to happen by following those rules and not making our kiln go boom. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeazy.
- We will continue to offer delivery options and online shopping to those who cannot go out into public. We are here for ALL of you and want us all to stay safe and healthy.
We are so excited to see you all and we hope that all of these changes will help us keep you and our community safe. We want to be able to hug you all when this is all over, so we will keep it safe, keep it clean, and keep our community in our hearts.
D & K, and everyone at LibertyTown