A Creative Approach to Painting: Play, Experiment and Practice Session with Robyn Ryan!!
Saturday, May 13, 2023, 1pm-4pm
Saturday, June 17, 2023, 1pm-4pm
Pre-requisite: Completing the Creative Approach to Painting 1-Day Workshop
Did you enjoy the Creative Approach to Painting Workshop? Do you Enjoy the supportive, encouraging, and creative atmosphere working with Robyn? Want more time to develop what you started during the Creative Approach to Painting (CAP) workshop? Would you like to start a new piece using the new approaches you learned? Do you have a piece that is STUCK and you want some help moving forward?
Come and reinforce the joyful fire we lit during the CAP workshop with your rekindled creative juices, refreshed inner narrative, and empowered intentionality and creative decision making!
These Play, Experiment, and Practice Sessions (PEP) will keep your creative juices flowing with that FRESH way to think about your art making and making decisions as you paint. We will reinforce your intentionality in your “inner narrative” moving to freer and more joyful expression.
Please join Robyn Ryan in this creativity reinforcing mixed media follow on session to the Creative Approach to Painting Workshop as she continues to guide you in the application of the key concepts adjusting your inner narrative and creative decision making in such a way to infuse the joy of discovery back into how you create. Focus areas will be tailored to each participant and may include:
- Declaring an intention and using it to guide your decision making process
- Using a straight forward artwork assessment process to simplify course corrections along the way
- Fun approaches for creativity boosting underpaintings and layering
- Simple ideas for making your own stamps and collage papers
- Creating “Beauty from Ashes” from a discarded piece of water or dry-media artwork
You will continue to PLAY with these concepts and approaches with your own piece, making something from nothing! Whether you normally work in mixed media or not, the concepts and approaches can be applied to any medium when you return home.
Students will need to supply their own supports and basic water-based mixed-media materials for the PEP sessions:
- Support (gessoed panel, mixed media panel, or watercolor paper (heavier weight easier to work with!))
- Collage materials (papers, tissue, magazine, fabric, ephemera…)
Robyn will have brushes, stamps, stencils, and some mixed media supplies to share and will also have basic supplies (supports, gel medium, acrylic paint…) available for purchase.